HUGE SEPTEMBER BEAUTY FAVOURITES


Hello lovelies! As we are fast approaching the end of September, I thought it was perfect timing to share my favourite beauty products for this month, so go grab a hot drink and some snacks because this might just be my biggest favourites post yet!

First up has to be the Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Modern Renaissance' palette! I can't even begin to express how unbelievably pigmented these shadows are... With a creamy and easy-to-blend texture, alongside a wide range of colours, this palette allows you to easily achieve both day and night-time looks. So far, my favourite shades have been the Gold ('Primavera'), Orange ('Burnt Orange' & 'Realgar') and Berry ('Venetian Red' & 'Love Letter') tones which are particularly perfect for this time of year. Because this palette holds such a selection of bright & daring colours, it's truly forced me to be even more experimental with my makeup looks and it's become an absolute necessity in my makeup bag everyday!
 Another purchase to recently join my makeup collection was the Make Up Store 'Moon Shadow' highlighter in the shade 'Peach'. Having always sworn by the highlighter from the Sleek Face Contour Kit, I was extremely hesitant to test out this new highlighter whilst shopping in Scandinavia's biggest mall... I can however safely say that this was one of my best beauty-purchasing decisions I've ever made! I am now absolutely obsessed; the high-intensity pigmentation means that instantly your cheek bones are raised and your face immediately appears brighter and healthier! The colour is soft but noticeable, successfully giving off hints of both gold and pink undertones. It is everything you could ever wish for in a highlighter!
Sticking with beauty products that illuminate and highlight, a particular product which works perfectly as a base for the Make Up Store Shadow is the Nars Illuminator in the shade 'Copacabana'. The pink, shimmery tones to this illuminator leave the skin looking naturally healthy. Applied best with the ring fingers softly gliding across the top of the cheek bones, down the bridge of the nose, under the brow bones and just over the cupid's bow, this product can be worn under, over or as a mix with foundation. Nars state that this product can be used all over the face, not just as a highlight, but I personally believe the pigmentation and shine to this product would be a little too intense for all over, especially because I have been absolutely loving a different product to radiate the rest of my face...
This brings me on nicely to talk about Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer in the shade 'Radiance'. This particular primer has been an absolute treat throughout summer and the beginnings of the colder weather. It works fabulously at maintaining a healthy summer glow which is particularly handy now that Autumn has begun. The primer brightens & enhances the skin in order to give a radiant and even-toned finish, which is exactly the boost most of us need during this time of year! This product is lightweight, long-lasting and it sinks into the skin immediately. If you're like me and prefer a more dewy finish to the skin, this primer is the one for you; as cliché as it may sound, it really does do what it says on the tin!
Next up is a product which has been popular for years but has taken me up until now to finally join the band-waggon and understand the hype! Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' Foundation is a new favourite. Purchased in a panic to find a high street foundation that was dark enough for me towards the end of summer, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the shade 303 'True Nude'. However I was pleasantly surprised to find that this foundation not only gives off a glowy/dewy finish, but is also lightweight whilst feeling incredibly moisturising. Now that my summer tan has begun to fade, I have started mixing this with my other lighter foundations to produce the perfect shade. If you're looking for a budget-friendly foundation, I would highly recommend trying this one out!
Over time, I have mentioned a number of different mascara's on the blog and I'm about to bring another new favourite of mine into the mix... Chanel's 'Inimitable Intense' Mascara, although pricey, is one of the most volumizing mascara's I've ever tried. Giving a generous, dark coat to the lashes, this mascara applies smoothly and quickly. The wand is made to perfection as it work effectively to curl and separate the lashes, giving a naturally feathered finish!
For lips, I've been absolutely hooked on a particular combination. MAC's lip liner in the shade 'Soar' paired with Jouer's Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Praline' is the dream duo to give off a flawless, metallic bronzed pink tone to your lips. MAC's lip liner's are known for being especially creamy and 'Soar' works effortlessly to make the 'Praline' liquid lipstick even more long lasting (if thats even possible!). Liquid lipsticks were the ultimate beauty craze this summer but I found that many brands couldn't quite master getting their liquid lipsticks to stay in the centre of the lips after eating and drinking. However, lasting for hours over the entire lip with little-to-none top-up needed, Jouer's liquid lipstick changes the game completely... I don't think I'll be looking anywhere else for liquid lipsticks any time soon!
 Last but not least, the final beauty product I've been absolutely loving is the Nyx 'Dewy Finish' Setting Spray. As previously mentioned, I much prefer my makeup to have a dewy rather than a matte finish; priced at only £7 I couldn't resist giving this a try. Having never used a setting spray before, I have to admit I can't compare it to any other brands, however I have been extremely impressed with the spray so far. I've found that it not only enhances my eyeshadow and highlighter, but also makes all of my makeup last significantly longer, in particular my contour shadow (which normally disappears not long after application).

If you managed to get to the end of this post, I hope you enjoyed and thank you so much for reading!
Lots of love Luisa x

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,