Being Proud

To be proud of one's self is something society criticises as it is seen as being "cocky". However I hugely disagree with this; acknowledging self achievements is the key to happiness and motivation. The dictionary defines proud as being a "feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements". We spend our lives growing up trying to impress our parents, teachers and bosses for approval; but what about the most important person involved in all of this...ourselves? Being proud makes what we do that bit easier. Just because you don't succeed at everything, does not mean you don't deserve to be proud of it. In fact it is more of a reason to be if you know you put your all into it.

 With this in mind, I would like to share with you what I am proud of. I am not a professional photographer, however one of the reasons I am aspiring to be one is because of a quote that I stumbled across recently which has stuck with me ever since:"A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away".  This phrase managed to describe exactly how I feel about photography and has spurred me on even further to maintain this passion of mine. Time never stops, but the power of a photograph allows a memory to last forever. I have taken thousands of photos in my lifetime so far but there are a few I am particularly proud of...


"A string of lights leading to the big eye"


Iceland


Taken from the roof of our hotel in Florence


Pumba Game Resort - South Africa


Paris



"The flower of the sun" - Found in my front garden

The Colosseum - Rome, Italy


Raindrops on the train - London







Rome


Pumba Game Resort - South Africa


The lighting in the restaurant Big Easy



First arrival in Iceland



Greenwich Observatoire



Candles in Notre-Dame - Paris, France



Villa Borghese Gardens - Rome, Italy



The London Eye


View from the top of Greenwich Park overlooking Greenwich


One of the many waterfalls in Iceland


Light Trails - Streets of London



View from the top of the Altare della Patria - Rome, Italy



Pumba Game Resort - South Africa



Geysir - Iceland



What are you proud of yourself for?
Love Luisa xo


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,