The Bleach London DIY Dip Dye review

So I've finished school, and I finally realized that I don't have any hair color rules looming over me, for the first time in about 8 months. With that, I decided that I wanted to change the color of my locks completely. What shade? I haven't really decided yet. However, that's all to come.

I actually deviated from my usual safe option of the L'oreal ombre dip dye kit for once, as I wanted to try something new. (The 47 pence price difference may have been a deciding factor also, HA.) Lo behold, the BLEACH LONDON dip dye kit and it's wonderful packaging. This is around £7 from boots, and you can purchase it online here




This pack consists of 2x bleaching power packs, 1x blending lotion, 1x reincarnation (conditioning) mask for after care, 1x brush, 1x developing lotion, 1x mixing bowl and 2x plastic gloves.

The instructions had me baffled for a while, but I soon got the hang of it. You have to use the blending lotion at the point where you'd like the ombre to fade out, before you essentially "paint on" the bleach. I did get tired of this, and opt to using the comb on method (as I kept the comb that cme in the L'oreal kit). 
The only issues I have is that it took a long time due to the length of my hair, and it was hard to get even coverage quickly - the product had run out before I'd got full enough coverage, I'd say. By the time I had got round to the other side of my head, half of my hair was blonde already! A solution to this would be to grab another brush and get a friend to help you do this. They can start on one side whilst you do the other. I'd also recommend buying two packs of this kit if you have very long hair!



It lightened one side well enough, but I think I'll have to redo the other before I proceed to dye my hair a different colour. The hair is also in need of some livening up, so more reconditioning for me...

Labels: , , , ,